Resource Guide for New Mexico and the rest of the United States

For more resources and referrals you can call 211 for the United Way of central New Mexico hotline

Church Directory

Please click link below to find a church in your area you would like to call home

Food and Clothing

Road Runner Food Bank- 505-247-2052

Joy Junction- 505-877-6967

Project Share- 505-242-5677

St. Vincent de Paul Society - 505-346-1500

The Storehouse New Mexico - 505-842-6491



Center of Hope- 505-243-3310

Barratt House- 505243-4887

Steel bridge (formerly Albuquerque Rescue Mission) - 505-346-4673


Rescue Mission- 505-346-4619

Good Shepherd- 505-243-2527

Domestic Violence

Albuquerque Safe House- 505-247-4219

Haven House- 505-896-4869

Albuquerque SANE (505) 883-8720

New Mexico Coalition against Domestic Violence  505-246-9240


Joy Junction (24 Hour Intake) - 800-924-0569

Noonday Ministries- 505-246-8001


Health Care for the Homeless- 505-766-5197

Dental- 505-242-8288

La Familia INC.- 505-766-9361

New Mexico VA Healthcare System (VA Hospital)  505-265-1711

Poison Control- 800-222-1222

Behavioral Services

Presbyterian Behavioral Health Services - (505) 291-5300

Haven Behavioral Hospital - (505)  600 -2718

Albuquerque Family Mental Health Clinic  (505) 256-0065

Residential Substance Abuse Programs

1. Desert Hills of New Mexico  505-715-6808

2. Santa Fe Recovery Center - 505-715-6808

3. MATS Detox Program - 505-468-1555

4. Turning Point Recovery - 505-600-1633

5. Turquoise Lodge Hospital (NM DOH) - 505-841-8978  Detox and Rehab Center

Other Health Resources

Consumer Safety Guide was created to keep the public informed about consumer dangers and safety issues associated with numerous products that can cause public harm.


Websites to locate Rehab & Detox programs near you  Call 877-589-4784 or click link below to find a Rehab program near you.


 The Recovery Village Call 877-898-3098 or click on the link below for more information

  Tuck Sleep is a community devoted to improving sleep hygiene, health and wellness through the creation and dissemination of comprehensive, unbiased, free web-based resources.

Refugee Health Program  (New Mexico)

Attn: Karen Gonzales

505-841-8928 (Phone)

505-841-8936 (Fax)

Family Support Services

Immigrant and Refugee Resource Village of New Mexico - (505) 435-5741

Assist individuals and families gain access to safety-net programs that support personal and family well-being, and economic self-sufficiency including; Medical Assistance (Medicaid/Medicare), Food Banks, Adult Tutoring, Read To Excel/Tutoring for Youth, computer literacy training, Job Search, training in beading, Sewing and other needle art, Nutritional, Housing and Clothing Assistance, Access to legal services and emergency housing, Disability Benefits, Social Security/Supplemental Income, Access to affordable housing/ assistance with evictions, Utility Assistance (LIHEAP), etc.

Nurse Hotlines:

Medicaid Centennial Care/ Molina

• English- 888-252-8750

• Spanish- 866-648-3537

BlueCross BlueShield- 877-213-2567

Presbyterian Health Plan- 505-923-5570

Free/Low-Cost Counseling

Manzanita Counseling- 505-277-7311

UNM Psychology Clinic- 505-277-5164

Abuse Support

Albuquerque Family Advocacy Center (Domestic Abuse/ Sexual Assault)- 505-243-2333

Department of Senior Affairs/ Adult Protective Services- 505-764-6400

Child Protective Services- 505-841-6100

Rape Crisis- 505-266-7711

Christian Healthcare Sharing - Samaritan Ministries

Health care sharing with Samaritan Ministries connects the Body of Christ throughout the nation to help each other with their health care costs. or call 1(877)764-2426

Immigrant Support

Immigrant Law Center- 505-247-1023

Catholic Charities Center for Immigration & Citizenship

Albuquerque/ Santa Fe- 505-424-9789


Rural Veterans Coordination Pilot- 800-672-7006

Women Veterans of New Mexico- 505-358-0839

National Call Center for the Homeless Veterans- 877-424-3838

Transportation for ALL Veterans

Albuquerque- 505-265-1711 ext 1053, 1052, or 3705

Santa Fe- 505-414-0421

Senior Citizens

Department of Senior Affairs- 505-764-6400

12 STEP Meetings

Celebrate Recovery - Copper Pointe Church  505-321-2993

Living Free- Sagebrush Church  505-922-9200

Smart Recovery - North Valley Library  505-890-1779

NA Meetings - New Life Group, First Christian Church  575-635-6193

NA Meeting - Options Group, University Heights Methodist Church - 505-266-2525

AA - Sunday Step-up group - 505-266-1900

AA - Foothills group - 505-292-1067

Child Abuse & Neglect

In New Mexico, Protective Services receives reports of alleged child maltreatment 24 hours a day, seven days a week, through Statewide Central Intake at 1-855-333-SAFE (7233) or #SAFE from cell phones.

Report suspected child abuse or neglect by calling #SAFE (#7233) from a cell phone or 1-855-333-SAFE.

The national hotline is available 24/7 at

(1-800) 4-A-Child or (1-800) 422-4453

Elder Abuse & Neglect


(866) 654-3219 or

(505) 476-4912

Caregiver Eligibility:


Care Recipient Eligibility:

Adults age 60 or older and adults with disabilities

For more Information About Elder Abuse and Where to Get Help nationwide

Eldercare Locator

1-800-677-1116 (toll-free)

National Center on Elder Abuse

1-855-500-3537 (toll-free)

[email protected]

Help if You Are Homeless or You Have Low or No Income

These programs are for people who are homeless or who have low or no income. If you qualify for one program, you may also qualify for others. You must apply to the Department of Social Services (DSS) for most of these programs.

If you already get DSS benefits, check your account at to see what benefits you are getting now.

You can apply for DSS benefits online at or by calling 1-855-626-6632. Mail your completed application to DSS or drop it off at your local office.

1.  Cash Assistance

If you cannot work and you don’t have children at home, you could get about $220 a month in SAGA cash. Ask DSS for an application form and also for the SAGA medical forms. You will need to ask your doctor or mental health professional to fill out the medical form.

If you cannot work and you have children at home, a family of three could get about $570 a month in TFA cash assistance.

To learn more about cash assistance for families, see Cash Assistance for Families.

If you are getting DSS emergency housing and cash assistance, ask DSS if you can get help with

moving expenses,

expenses to store your things (in some situations),

money to pay a security deposit for heating,

money to pay a security deposit for a new apartment if you can afford the rent, and

fixing or replacing clothing or household items.

2. SNAP (Food Stamps)

SNAP helps pay for food. If you have no income, or if your income is less than your rent and utilities, you should qualify within seven days of applying. See above for information about how to apply for DSS benefits.

You will usually need a phone interview to qualify, so it is important to have a phone number where you can be reached. Call DSS at 855-626-6632 if you don’t hear from them in two weeks.

3.  Health Insurance

You may qualify for free or low-cost health insurance with one of these programs:

HUSKY A and B are for children under 19, pregnant women, and some parents or other caregivers.

HUSKY D is for adults (19 to 64) with income below 138% of the federal poverty level. If you have SSI or Medicare, you won’t qualify.

HUSKY C is for people who are disabled and have low income.

Apply for one of these programs at or by calling 855-805-4325.

4.   Energy Assistance

 If you have low income, there are a few energy assistance programs that could help you, including

hardship protection from shutoffs,

energy assistance, and

arrearage (unpaid debt) forgiveness programs.

To find out where to apply, contact 2-1-1, your local community action agency, or the Connecticut Energy Assistance program (1-800-842-1132 or

5. Basic Needs Program 

If you are in treatment for a drug, alcohol, or mental health problem, this program can help pay for emergency needs such as food, transportation, and housing.

Ask your substance abuse or mental health treatment provider to apply for you by calling DMHAS at 800-658-4472.

Housing and Food

If you get cash assistance from DSS and become homeless, you can get up to 60 days of emergency housing once a year.

To apply, contact your DSS worker within 45 days of when you became homeless.

You can also call 2-1-1 to ask about

emergency housing and shelters,

subsidized housing for the elderly/disabled,

soup kitchens that serve free meals, and

food pantries that can give you free food.

Security Deposits

DSS has a program that may help you pay your security deposit in limited situations. Ask your DSS worker how to apply.

Free Phone Service

If you have a low income, you could get a free mobile phone with free minutes. To apply, visit or call 1-800-SAFELINK (1-800-723-3465).